Health and Safety Manager
Company: Pactiv Evergreen
Location: Pine Bluff
Posted on: September 18, 2022
OverviewPactiv Evergreen Inc. (NASDAQ: PTVE)is a leading
manufacturer and distributor of fresh foodservice and food
merchandising products and fresh beverage cartons in North America
and certain international markets. It supplies its products to a
broad and diversified mix of companies, including full service
restaurants and quick service restaurants, foodservice
distributors, supermarkets, grocery and healthy eating retailers,
other food stores, food and beverage producers, food packers and
food processors. To learn more about the company, please go to the
company website at pactivevergreen.com.44 miles southeast of Little
Rock, Pine Bluff is the tenth-largest city in the state of Arkansas
and the county seat of Jefferson County. It is the principal city
of the Pine Bluff Metropolitan Statistical Area and part of the
Little Rock-North Little Rock-Pine Bluff Combined Statistical
Area.The Evergreen Packaging Pine Bluff Paper Mill is located in
Pine Bluff, Arkanas, less than an hour from Little Rock in scenic
southeast Arkansas. It is the largest industrial employer in
Jefferson County. Opened in 1958, Pine Bluff is the largest
facility within Evergreen Packaging and is home to the world's
largest gable-top liquid packaging paperboard machine. In addition
to producing paperboard for cartons, the facility also produces
coated paper for magazines.Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a
diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex
(including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age
national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic
information, gender identity and/or expression, marital status,
veteran status or other characteristics or statuses protected by
law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an
accommodation, please call (847) 482-4320 or email
TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.All information will be kept confidential
according to EEO guidelines and applicable
laws.ResponsibilitiesPurpose:The Safety & Health manager manages
the implementation of company plans, programs and procedures that
promote the maintenance of safe, healthy working conditions
including health and safety plans, industrial hygiene, medical
administration, security, and fire prevention and protection in
accordance with applicable regulations and EPI policies, procedures
and practices.Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implements programs to train managers and employees in
work-site safety practices, fire prevention, site security and
- Oversees the inspection of mill facilities to detect existing
or potential accident and health hazards, determines corrective or
preventative measures where indicated and follows up to ensure
measures have been implemented.
- Reviews the investigation data of accidents and injuries and
ensures root causes are identified with measurable corrective
actions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Collaborates with the Workers Compensation Liaison and the
insurance carrier to reduce employee lost time.
- Ensures Safety & Health and Security projects are completed on
time and within budget.
- Acts as advisor to managers and EHS specialists regarding new
projects, tasks, and operations.
- Interface with Operations and Job Site management on a regular
basis (superintendents and foremen) to ensure development and
maintenance of a culture committed to safety.
- Conduct job-walks (and train other personnel to conduct
effective job walks) to interact with employees on a regular basis
and ensure employees are demonstrating safe work behavior and
adhering to all the Companys safe work practices.
- Manages the participation in Occupational Safety and Health
Administration (OSHA) inspections, providing inspectors with
appropriate documents and identifying safety measures.
- Verifies compliance with health and safety regulations and
ensures all necessary records are maintained and prepared according
to established guidelines.
- Develop and implement compliant policies and procedures as well
as incentive and promotional programs to establish and promote safe
working practices and conditions.
- Maintains, and updates security and health & safety policy and
- Track and report safety performance results on a regular basis
and summarize YTD results and trends compared to the previous
periods. Provide analysis of leading and lagging indicators.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Scope: Identify legal
requirements and government regulations affecting Safety, Health
and Security compliance. Insure that all appropriate legal,
contractual, company and employee requirements are met and that
management and employees understand procedures needed for
compliance.QualificationsCore Proficiencies and Skills:
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual
- Computer usage and typing skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the
ability to effectively communicate with internal and external
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while
maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to
completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed
routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly
both verbally and orally.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group
objectives; volunteers to help others.Education and/or Work
- Bachelor of Science from an accredited higher learning
institution in Occupational Health & Safety, Environmental or other
related technical or scientific discipline
- Experience in supporting Health and Safety programs
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment is
- Experience with computer systems, internet, email and Microsoft
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be highly organized and demonstrate excellent judgment,
decision and discretion abilities
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess excellent leadership, program and project
- Ability to travel as necessary
- GSP/ASP/CSP/CIH accreditation strongly preferred#LI-TM1 #CB1
#INPINEJob Locations US-AR-Pine BluffID 2022-16034Category
EngineeringPosition Type Full TimePay Type Salaried
Keywords: Pactiv Evergreen, Pine Bluff , Health and Safety Manager, Executive , Pine Bluff, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!