Project Manager II - Engineering (Mechanical/Piping)
Location: Pine Bluff
Posted on: May 16, 2023
General Summary of Duties: The engineering project manager is
responsible for execution and management of engineering for
industrial projects. The engineering project manager is the primary
contact with clients and is responsible for management of the
project scope, budget, and schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represents the organization when meeting with clients and other
- Responsible for the project scope, budget, and schedule on
assigned projects and estimates on projects up to $200MM TIC.
- Leads a project team of engineers and designers to
cost-effectively meet project requirements.
- Interact and communicate effectively with clients, senior
management, discipline leaders, vendors, contractors, and other
team members to coordinate project execution, report project
status, and resolve project-related issues.
- Leads and facilitates project meetings with the project team,
client, vendors, and contractors.
- Review the work of the project team and evaluate for
completeness and accuracy.
- Visit client facilities and/or jobsites as needed to obtain
information for project execution.
- Works with the Business Development group to develop new
clients and new projects.
- Interacts with sister companies to execute work outside of the
Yates Engineers company.
- Mentors other Project Managers on a daily basis.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Education - A bachelor's degree in an engineering curriculum is
- Experience -Minimum of 15 years total experience. Minimum of 7
years of design engineering experience in roles of increasing
responsibility on power, industrial, and/or chemical projects in a
consulting engineering atmosphere. Minimum of 5 years experience as
a project manager.
- At least 5 years working on pulp and paper.
- Leadership - Excels at management of client relationships,
leading project teams, organization of projects, and solving
- Communication Skills - Effectively makes presentations to
clients for proposals and project status reports. Ability to speak
effectively and lead meetings with clients, senior management,
project teams, vendors, and contractors. Ability to read, analyze,
and interpret engineering drawings. Ability to write detailed
project reports and correspondence.
- Computer Skills - Proficient with the use of standard office
tools and spreadsheets.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations - A PE license is
preferred, but is not required.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the
employment process please contact Human Resources at
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination
is Illegal poster, please choose your language: English - Spanish -
Arabic - Chinese
English - Spanish - Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please
click the link: English
Keywords: Yates, Pine Bluff , Project Manager II - Engineering (Mechanical/Piping), Executive , Pine Bluff, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...