Company: Brookshire Grocery Company
Location: Pine Bluff
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Brookshire Grocery Company (BGC) is a family business based in
Tyler, Texas, and currently operates more than 180 stores in three
states - Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas - with three distribution
centers and a corporate office. BGC prides itself on offering its
partners one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in the
industry which includes medical, prescription drug, vision, dental,
paid time off, stock ownership, a 401k retirement plan, incentive
plans, employee discounts, educational scholarships, and access to
BGC's 205-acre outdoor recreation area.
Brookshire Grocery Company strives to provide a safe, drug free and
alcohol-free environment for its partners and guests. The Company
is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy,
gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40
or older), disability, genetic information or military status and
any other trait protected by law.
Accurately fills prescriptions in a timely manner, completes
related paperwork, and answers customer questions regarding proper
use of medications. Works with doctors and insurance companies to
obtain and verify necessary customer information.Essential Duties
- Fills prescriptions accurately according to each order,
completes and files necessary paperwork, and ensures proper billing
information is documented for insurance reimbursement.
- Administers immunizations in store and at off-site clinics.
Participates in local health fairs to educate the public.
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with local
doctors. Contacts doctors and insurance companies to obtain and
verify necessary customer information.
- Scans items and keys product codes, ensures correct check-out
totals for customers, and maintains accurate money count in cash
- Maintains quality control by ensuring dated product is stocked,
rotated, or discarded properly if unsold.
- Ensures filled prescriptions and bulk bottles of medications
are organized properly.
- Maintains a friendly and customer service-oriented attitude by
greeting customers, answering questions, and responding to
complaints. Assists customers with locating and selecting
- Maintains clean, safe and sanitary working and shopping
environment by adhering to Company safety procedures. Complies with
all Company policies and procedures.Knowledge, Skills and
- Advanced knowledge of pharmacy department operations.
- Advanced knowledge of Medication Therapy Management (MTM) to
promote profitability and monitor patient outcomes.
- Advanced knowledge of Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
(CMS) star ratings and the impacts of such cases.
- Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality regarding
- Ability to plan events or tasks in a logical sequence and
decide work priorities.
- Ability to perform basic Microsoft Office functions.
- Ability to work well with fellow partners and promote a team
- Ability to learn new technology systems, methods and
- Ability to effectively communicate (in written and verbal form)
with customers and partners.
- Ability to remain courteous with customers at all times.
- Ability to create and maintain good relationships with
- Ability to work flexible schedules including nights, weekends
and holidays.Education, Experience, and Qualifications
- Minimum of 21 years of age required.
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or Doctor of Pharmacy
- Must be licensed in practicing state.
- Certification for administering immunizations required.
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
certification required.Physical Demands
- Continuously required to use close vision, distance vision,
depth perception or the ability to focus.
- Continuously required to stand or walk.
- Frequently required to talk and hear.
- Frequently required to use hands for reaching, touching or
- Frequently required to use fine finger movements (ex. sorting
- Occasionally required to push, pull, maneuver or lift objects
up to 40 lbs.
- Occasionally required to bend, kneel or squat.
- Attendance at work is required.Work Context and Environment
- Work is generally performed in a retail store.
- Quiet to moderate noise level.Jobs@BGC
Keywords: Brookshire Grocery Company, Pine Bluff , Salary Pharmacist, Healthcare , Pine Bluff, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!