Collection Specialist I
Company: Simmons Bank
Location: Pine Bluff
Posted on: May 3, 2021
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the
The Collection Specialist I assists in maintaining a financially
sound loan portfolio. Also, the Collection Specialist I takes
appropriate actions to resolve account modifications or loan
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes, distributes, and posts al indirect loan
- Completes file maintenance on loans.
- Processes telephone payments to corporate office for
- Counsels customers concerning financial obligations and offer
suggestions and alternatives.
- Assigns accounts for repossession and follows through it until
the unit is sold.
- Assigns accounts for legal or bankruptcy handling
- Handles incoming and outgoing calls as well as indirect lender
- Pursues seized vehicles in the state/county offices and those
involved in total loss accidents with insurance companies.
- Logs accurate notes in order to follow payout processes.
- May be required to work hours outside of the typical 8-5
workday for collection efforts.
- Ensures that all departmental documents and activities are
performed in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies
and procedures as applicable to this position, including completion
of required compliance training.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial report and/or
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
Education and/or Experience
- HS Diploma/GED
- No experience required
- MS Word, Outlook, Jack Henry Platform
Other Qualifications (including physical requirements)
- Must possess excellent telephone and customer service
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Must maintain punctual and regular attendance.
- Must present a friendly, professional image and conduct.
Equal Employment Opportunity Information: Simmons First National
Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of equal
employment with respect to a person's race, color, religion, sex,
ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
covered veterans, military status, physical or mental disability or
any other legally protected classifications. Simmons First National
Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to Affirmative
Action Programs consisting of results-oriented procedures to ensure
equal employment opportunities. These programs require positive
action in lieu of neutral non-discrimination and merit
Keywords: Simmons Bank, Pine Bluff , Collection Specialist I, Other , Pine Bluff, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!