21-22 School Counselor
Company: Pine Bluff LCS
Location: Pine Bluff
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Educators! Partner with Arkansas Lighthouse Academies in our
movement to empower scholars in the areas of Diversity, Equity,
Inclusion, and Social Entrepreneurship. Our changemakers educate
and mentor scholars as they strive to do the same in their local
community and beyond. We want to partner with you in becoming a
designer of world-class learning experiences locally, globally, and
virtually. ALA educators are driven by the belief that it is their
opportunity and job to engage, empower, and embrace every voice,
every scholar, every day. We make the most of every chance we have
to provide scholars and the community with a school without walls
or limits. The pandemic and 2020 has certainly wreaked havoc across
our communities and we are ready to attack these challenges
head-on. We want only the most determined, creative, and adaptive
educators to come and join us as we endeavor to win the next stage
of education and partner with like-minded organizations in leading
a Social, Economic, and Environmental renaissance for Arkansas.
Come and join us as at Pine BluffLighthouse Charter
Schoolas we change the lives of scholars, communities, and
Applications for the 2021-2022 school year will be reviewed
on a rolling basis.Please submit your application for
- Capital CityLighthouse Charter School is an established K-8th
grade school striving to make positive changes in public education
in Pine Bluff, AR.
- We are currently collecting resumes for Reading / Literacy
Specialist candidates interested inK-8th gradesforthe
2021-2022 school year.
- All licensed teaching candidates interested will behighly
Will you be the next strong addition to our 2021-2022 team of
change-agents in the classroom?Find out by applying now!
Lighthouse Academy (LHA)counselors are more than staff members.
They help transform childrens lives by creating opportunities for a
brighter future. We are seekinga counselorwho will make the
commitment to teach with determination, integrity and purpose,
embodying these essential qualities:
- Past experiences and actions reflect a commitment to the LHA
mission, vision, core values
- A passion and ability to build and sustain the LHA K-12 model
in a high need, urban environment
- Work in schools that demonstrates a sense of urgency and the
relentless pursuit of high academic student achievement
- Reflective, self-aware and adaptable to communication and work
styles of others
- Critical thinker and problem solver who takes initiative
- Belief in the power of collaboration and works to build a
collaborative culture with LHA network, community, staff,families
A Lighthouse Academy counselorprovides support services to
students. Support services include referrals, counseling,
assessment, diagnostics, and report writing. This work takes place
at the school site. All counselors actions must always be aligned
with our mission, vision, core values and education program. The
essential functions for our counselors are as follows:
- Completes assessments, referrals, and counseling with
- Consults with other professional staff, outside agencies and
- Serves as a member school based teams to provide support to
students and confidential guidance to staff.
- Counsels students individually or in groups.
- Meets with staff to discuss strategies for certain
Examples of Work:
- Completes written reports of all cases and meetings.
- Interviews students, families, and staff.
- Make oral presentations of assessments, diagnostics, and
observations, in accordance with all confidentiality laws and
- Collaborates with teaching staff to determine the best setting
to meet student needs (i.e., individual counseling, social skill
development groups, mentoring classes)
- Completes other reports as may be required by federal, state,
or local agencies, laws, and regulations.
Three (3) years prior experience providing the service required
by this position, including at least three years of experience
working with and counseling children preferred.
Strong desire to work within an innovative, urban educational
Strong interpersonal skills; personal organization skills.
Knowledge of appropriate counseling procedures.
Knowledge of applicable federal and state statutes dealing with
privacy, care and protection abuse.
Ability to diagnose emotional, personal, and social issues
Ability to make referrals to appropriate staff members and other
agencies and organizations.
Highly effective writing, oral and interpersonal skills to
communicate with a varied audience
Computer skills including word processing, database, and
spreadsheet are required.
Keywords: Pine Bluff LCS, Pine Bluff , 21-22 School Counselor, Other , Pine Bluff, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!