Paper Machine 2 Area Manager
Company: Pactiv Corporation
Location: Pine Bluff
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Pactiv Evergreen Inc. (NASDAQ: PTVE) is a
leading manufacturer and distributor of fresh foodservice and food
merchandising products and fresh beverage cartons in North America
and certain international markets. It supplies its products to a
broad and diversified mix of companies, including full service
restaurants and quick service restaurants, foodservice
distributors, supermarkets, grocery and healthy eating retailers,
other food stores, food and beverage producers, food packers and
food processors. To learn more about the company, please go to the
company website at pactivevergreen.com.
44 miles southeast of Little Rock, Pine Bluff is the
tenth-largest city in the state of Arkansas and the county seat of
Jefferson County. It is the principal city of the Pine Bluff
Metropolitan Statistical Area and part of the Little Rock-North
Little Rock-Pine Bluff Combined Statistical Area.
The Evergreen Packaging Pine Bluff Paper Mill is located in Pine
Bluff, Arkanas, less than an hour from Little Rock in scenic
southeast Arkansas. It is the largest industrial employer in
Jefferson County. Opened in 1958, Pine Bluff is the largest
facility within Evergreen Packaging and is home to the world's
largest gable-top liquid packaging paperboard machine. In addition
to producing paperboard for cartons, the facility also produces
coated paper for magazines.
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and
inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, sex (including
pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national
origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender
identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other
characteristics or statuses protected by law. For individuals with
disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, pleasecall
(847) 482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO
guidelines and applicable laws. Responsibilities
The PM2 Area Manager provides the leadership and management
required for achieving the department goals relating to Safety,
Quality, Cost, Environmental Compliance, and Production. The ideal
candidate will be technically oriented, detailed in approach, work
well with people at all levels within the organization, and
promotable to management positions within the company after
building the background and experience in our business.
- Monitors and manages to the established KPIs in the
- Monitors and manages the development of the employees in the
- Responsible for setting direction, identifying priorities,
coordinating the activities of other departments as it relates to
the area performance, and managing the operating budget for the
- Addresses issues impacting performance and involving outside
resources as needed.
- Communicates to all levels of the organization as needed and
participates with Area Managers from other areas of the mill to
- Administers policy and procedure within legal guidelines.
- Coaches work group to adapt to new ways of performing work to
include understanding of legal ramifications of our policies,
government regulations, safety standards, and consistently adhering
to and administering policy and procedures.
- Manage costs by tracking costs using monthly reports. Provide
input into projected plans. Conduct cost analysis.
- Use cost factors effectively make sound decisions as well as
- Schedules work for the daily activities of employees to
maximize available resources.
- Manages the supply of LDPE and specialty resins based on usage
and forecast and provides an accurate monthly inventory to
- Effectively troubleshoots operational, electrical, and
mechanical processing issues to identify root cause and effective
- Adept at data analysis and uses data to drive decisions.
- Lead and drive RCFAs to completion.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate technical degree (preferred) from an accredited
- Previous extrusion experience desired.
- Seven to ten years of professional work experience in a
leadership or supervisory role.
- Ability to adapt to a variety of conditions and technical
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to drive the changes
necessary to manage to established budgets and schedules.
- Experience in successfully managing to established
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with
experience in Microsoft Office, PI, and SAP. Exposure to Elixir and
Majiq a plus.
- Able to work well with individuals at all levels of the
organization in a team setting.
Organized approach to work and ability to deal with multiple
competing priorities to make appropriate decisions.
Able to convey a sense of urgency and drive to perform to the
- Experience delivering technical presentations to upper level
- Experience managing employees in a union environment
- Technical degree that has application to the board extrusion
Experience managing people in a union environment.
High leadership potential with the ability and the desire to be
promoted within the organization.
Keywords: Pactiv Corporation, Pine Bluff , Paper Machine 2 Area Manager, Other , Pine Bluff, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!