Part-Time Custodian - Immediate Need
Company: Lighthouse Academies
Location: Pine Bluff
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Pine Bluff Lighthouse Charter School is searching for a
Part-Time Custodian for an immediate start. This position pays
$11.00 per hour and is part-time.
Please submit your application for consideration.
Lighthouse Academy (LHA) custodians are more than staff members.
They help transform children's lives by creating opportunities for
a brighter future. We are seeking a custodian who will make the
commitment to conduct their work with determination, integrity and
purpose, embodying these essential qualities:
- Past experiences and actions reflect a commitment to the LHA
mission, vision, core values
- Work in schools that demonstrates a sense of urgency and the
relentless pursuit of high academic student achievement
- Reflective, self-aware and adaptable to communication and work
styles of others
- Critical thinker and problem solver who takes initiative
- Belief in the power of collaboration and works to build a
collaborative culture with LHA network, community, staff, families
- A passion and ability to build and sustain the LHA K-12 model
in a high need, urban environment
A Lighthouse Academy custodian is a staff support position that
requires cleaning and maintenance work in a public school
environment. The person is required to interact with the school
staff, public, and students when performing the functions of the
position. The essential functions for our custodians are as
- Clean, dust, and sanitize rooms; clean and wax floors; clean
windows and stairs; sanitize lavatories, furniture, appliances, and
- Operate equipment needed to complete essential functions
including: vacuum cleaner, rug cleaner, hand and small power tools.
Some equipment is heavy and cumbersome.
- Install paper products; deliver supplies and materials.
- Perform preventive maintenance work, paint, replaces bulbs,
ballast, and replace glass.
- Relocate furniture and equipment; complete facility setups, as
directed by school principal or regional director.
- Operate and test building systems, including HVAC, fire
protection, security control, lighting, and safety.
- Complete inventory reports of furniture, equipment and
- Complete daily cleaning and maintenance reports, and supply
- Complete building and equipment maintenance tasks.
- Attend and participate in training programs.
- Keep equipment assigned to him/her clean.
- Follow safety procedures at all times.
- Performs other duties as requested by the Principal or Office
Examples of Work:
- Clean floors using appropriate products in the amount
recommended by the manufacturer, following procedures required for
the effective use of the product. Wax floors, clean rugs, and
complete other cleaning functions following protocol.
- Complete maintenance tasks following established procedures,
such as emptying trash, sanitizing bathrooms, sweeping floors.
- Paint classrooms after proper preparation of the surface, with
the appropriate paint and materials; clean area and equipment.
- Deliver requested supplies when authorized by the
- Move furniture and supplies as requested by the
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- At least two (2) years in similar position or a position with
comparable functions or a graduate of a facility cleaning and
maintenance training program.
- Reading, writing, and mathematics skills equivalent to a High
- Knowledge of federal and state safety regulations that apply to
- Knowledge of AHERA regulations.
- Valid driver's license for assignments that involve travel
between buildings or to pick up supplies.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Effective interpersonal skills, including the ability to work
on a team.
- Knowledge pf First Aid and CPR is required.
- Effective oral communication skills are required. Manual
dexterity is required. The position requires moderate to heavy
physical activity and lifting.
- The position works 12 months per year. This person does work
during school vacations.
Keywords: Lighthouse Academies, Pine Bluff , Part-Time Custodian - Immediate Need, Other , Pine Bluff, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!