Pet Trainer, Petsense
Location: Pine Bluff
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The basic function of this position is to train customers and
their dogs basic obedience commands in a class type or private in
store setting. Basic dog obedience training skills including basic
commands, knowledge of animal behavior skills recommended.
- Deliver world class customer satisfaction.
- Create a positive, professional and trusting environment for
all valued associates and the customers and pets served.
- Answers phone and schedules obedience classes. Be present in
the store and available to discuss our obedience program to all
- Advise obedience customers in the purchase of product
appropriate and necessary to attend obedience class and at-home
positive reinforcement training.
- Follows the Petsense obedience training procedures as outlined
in the Petsensibility Obedience training documents and videos.
- Trains the customer and their dogs with patience, consistency
and sensitivity to the customers' needs and the role they play in
training their dog.
- Adheres to customer specific needs and desires in training
- Talks to dog or uses other non-physical techniques (positive
reinforcement) to keep dog calm and in the trainer and customers
- Reports all accidents and injuries to the Store Manager
- Completes and maintains customer and company forms.
- Properly and completely fills out required obedience training
forms as applies to the program
- Observes all safety rules and procedures and adheres to safety
- Adheres to cleanliness standards, to include, sweeping,
vacuuming, cleaning of the area(s) the customers and their pets are
- Assists in store operations as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Experience: No experience required. Retail, or pet knowledge is
Education: A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred, but
not required. Regardless of education level, sales associates must
be able to read, write and count accurately. Any suitable
combination of education and experience will be considered.
Professional Certifications: None
Other knowledge, skills or abilities:
- Math Aptitude
- Computer Literacy
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Communication Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Teamwork Skills
- Professionalism Skills
Petsense, LLC offers a competitive Benefits package, including
Medical, Dental, & Vision plans, to all Full-time Associates as
well as Part-time Associates who are deemed eligible based on a
minimum hours requirement. In addition, Petsense offers access to
other Benefits such as a Health Savings Account, Life Insurance,
401(k), and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Keywords: PetSense, Pine Bluff , Pet Trainer, Petsense, Other , Pine Bluff, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!