Correctional Medicine Site Coordinator-LPN Needed in Pine Bluff, AR
Location: Pine Bluff
Posted on: September 12, 2020
Correctional Medicine opening in Pine Bluff, Arkansas. This and
other lpn/lvn jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com Here at
Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of people -
our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed to
making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"Our Site Coordinator is responsible and
accountable for direct supervision of the total health care
delivery system in his/her assigned nursing unit of facility, in
conjunction with the delivery of patient care through the process
of collecting health status data, nursing diagnosis goal setting,
planning, implementation and evaluation. Directs and guides patient
teaching and ensures ancillary personnel provide only those
services which they are prepared or qualified to
- Graduation from an accredited School of NursingExperience:
- Prefer a minimum of one (1) year clinical
- Current licensure within the State
- Current CPR Certification
- Reports directly to and meets with the Health Services
Administrator and Assistant Health Services Administrator as
- Uses sound judgment in meeting the responsibilities and
performing the duties of the position.
- Reviews nursing plans to ensure data collected, nursing
diagnoses, and proposed nursing care plans are relative and confirm
with authorized policy and procedures.
- Reviews medical records to ensure nursing practice provided is
within boundaries of State guidelines and all nursing recordings
are in legible SOAP format to include the date, time, signature and
- Will review and analyze site staffing patterns to make
recommendations to the Health Services Administrator and Assistant
Health Services Administrator as necessary.
- Respond to code, or patient crisis as set forth by the sites
policy and procedure.
- Ensures all referrals for consultation, treatment or resolution
of problems are valid and applicable to the documented nursing
- Monitors the nursing service, ensuring the provision of
progressive patient care plans, employing the total team approach
including patient teaching and self-care.
- Assists the AHSA (Assistant Health Services Administrator) to
ensure that the technical and clinical skills of the Registered
Nurses are current that they function within the scope of their
licensure and nursing actions are not delegated to another provider
for which that person is not prepared or qualified.
- Follows through and documents all findings, corrections or
counseling for all nursing incidents, medication errors, patient
complaints and forwards to the Assistant Health Services
Administrator for disposition.
- Identifies potential problems, establishes priorities,
initiates effective problem solving based on clinical knowledge and
informs Assistant Health Services Administrator of proposed
- Ensures Health Services Administrator/Assistant Health Services
Administrator is informed of any concerns raised by the nursing
staff regarding the questionable lack of appropriate medical
intervention for the realization of established patient goals.
- Maintains composure in stressful situations, aware of own
limitations and seeks guidance as necessary from the Assistant
Health Services Administrator.
- Assumes administrative and clinical call on a scheduled basis
- In the absence of the Assistant Health Services Administrator,
will assume the responsibility of his/her position when
- Develops monthly staffing schedule for review and approval by
the Assistant Health Services Administrator. Ensures the staffing
levels adhere to the contractual requirements and staff requests
for vacation or special time off are granted whenever possible.
Covers open shifts as required.
- Assists the Assistant Health Services Administrator as needed
to ensure an accurate account of monthly staffing and statistics as
required by contract.
- Assists in the orientation and on-the-job training for all new
employees assigned to the unit.
- Ensures employees are assigned duties and responsibilities to
the level of their expertise, licensure or certification.
- Annually evaluates performance of supervised staff according to
established policy and procedure.
- Complies with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability
Act (HIPAA) Privacy Rule, state laws, internal healthcare
information privacy policies, and adherence to the organization's
policies and procedures relating to the confidentiality of
protected health information (PHI).
- Positive interaction with site personnel and attends site
meetings as requested.
- Assists in the collection of monthly statistics as
- Reviews, monitors, and maintains perpetual inventory of all
contraband and tool counts; investigates and reconciles any
discrepancies and reports findings to the Health Services
Administrator/Assistant Health Services Administrator and security
- Cleanliness, maintenance, sanitation and appearance of unit and
appropriately notifies security of any infractions needing
correction or attention.
- Coordinates patient care with other departments, to include but
not limited to, intake admission, transfers, infirmary admissions,
off-site hospital admission, in-house referrals, off-site
referrals, periodic and annual physicals, mandatory release,
parole, and patient teaching.
- Responsible for ensuring that appropriate levels of stock for
pharmacy, medical supplies and laboratory supplies are
- Provides for preventive maintenance for all medical equipment
as appropriate, and initiates procedure for repair as
- Assists in the maintenance of a professional atmosphere on the
nursing unit as well as a high standard of patient care.
- Sets good example for the staff through regular attendance,
arriving promptly on time for duty, being appropriately dressed
well groomed, adhering to the dress code, and displaying the
identification badge appropriately and being neat and well
- Attends monthly institutional staff meetings as directed by the
Health Services Administrator/Assistant Health Services
- Conforms to The Company and Department of Correction
regulations to include but not limited to: Dress Code;
Scheduling/Time sheets; Safety and security regulations; Procedures
for sick leave, vacation time, education seminars, in-service
- Maintains confidentiality with patient records.
- Approaches change in a positive manner.
- Make suggestions for improving work conditions to Health
Services Administrator and the Assistant Health Services
- Accepts constructive advice/criticism and learns from it.
- Post Orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Perform other duties as assigned.Wellpath is an
EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer Keyphrases:
correctional medical services jobs, correctional medicine jobs,
correctional health services jobs, prison health services jobs
Keywords: WellPath, Pine Bluff , Correctional Medicine Site Coordinator-LPN Needed in Pine Bluff, AR, Professions , Pine Bluff, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!