Housing Counseling Technician
Company: Communities Unlimited, Inc.
Location: Pine Bluff
Posted on: May 21, 2023
Position: Housing Counseling Technician Immediate Supervisor:
Mission Focus: Housing Services The Housing Counseling Technician
provides participants with housing counseling, pre-purchase
homebuyer education, and direct loan packaging to assist them in
achieving housing security and to build financial health and wealth
through housing. Specifically, they work with individuals and
clients with one-to- one coaching and group education to engage
them in a process to reach their individual housing goals. Duties
- Responsible for day-to-day client scheduling and delivery of
home ownership counseling and education in credit counseling,
financial capacity building, pre-purchase, delinquency, and
foreclosure prevention counseling.
- Provide one-on-one coaching/counseling for participants of CU's
Come Home Housing Programs, MiCASiTA applicants, and general
members of participating communities.
- Counsel and interview clients with respect to their overall
financial situation as it relates to home ownership, budgeting,
debt reduction, credit re-building and education.
- Conduct financial analysis and affordability assessment based
on information and documents provided by the client.
- Create a budget and a detailed action plan with SMART financial
goals for all clients
- Assist clients in establishing a work plan to reach their
- Assess each client's household financial profile and financial
health to determine appropriate recommendations to improve credit,
savings, and capacity to reach financial goals.
- Monitor participants progress toward financial goals and home
purchase through follow up appointments.
- Document and maintain client files.
- Enter all case information into client management system to
allow for accurate monitoring and reporting.
- Market and package USDA Direct Loans
- Travel to meet with clients and provide necessary housing
advising and financial coaching on-site.
- Develop and maintain relationships with community partners
through one on one and community engagement events.
- Follow Fair Marketing and Fair Housing guidelines at all
- Carry out additional duties as assigned Required
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or
- Proficiency with Microsoft programs and email.
- Employee must be able to work in close contact with small and
- Must be able to pass USDA 502 Loan Packager Exam within 12
months from hire date
- Must be able to pass HUD certified Housing Counseling Exam
within 12 months from hire date Compensation Commensurate with
experience. This position is contingent upon the availability of
grant funding.Job Performance Standards:Task CategoryDescription of
Performance StandardMinimum MetricTimeMaximum Hours of Conferences
Attended40Minimum Number of Annual Hours Worked2080Maximum Admin
Time % 20%Client ImpactMinimum Caseload for Housing
Counseling10Average Client Survey Rating (10 minimum
Surveys)2Minimum Housing Counseling Client Engagements
120TrainingMinimum Pre-purchase Homebuyer Education Workshops
Assisted6Workshops Average Evaluation Rating2Minimum Community
Engagement Event Assisted6Minimum Number of Training Hours Received
Annually60Policy ComplianceMaximum Number of Times that Timesheets
are Not updated by Monday 8:00am10Maximum Number of Times that
Timesheets & Expenses are Not Submitted by Deadline5Maximum Number
of Times that Timesheets or Expenses are Rejected for
Errors5Maximum Number of Times for failing to properly obtain
Advance Travel Approval3 Task CategoryDescription of Performance
StandardMinimum MetricOutreach Blogs or Social Media Posts Tagging
Communities Unlimited 8Minimum Number of Workshops, community
events, or home closings with Acceptable Photographs Submitted
Annually4Minimum Number of community stakeholder events or
meetings2ProfessionalMaximum Annual Number of Supervisor-Assigned
Deadlines not Met4 PI217001043
Keywords: Communities Unlimited, Inc., Pine Bluff , Housing Counseling Technician, Professions , Pine Bluff, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...