HVAC Maintenance Mechanic (C Shift)
Posted on: September 16, 2023
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your
role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around
the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the
organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital
worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have
pioneered significant medical innovations that transform
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and
inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives- where
your purpose accelerates our mission.
Hours: 4 days/week - 10 hours per day - 5 am cst to 3:45 pm (must
be flexible to work various hours and weekends)
Your role at Baxter:
The Maintenance Mechanic I is a Salaried Non-Exempt position
reporting into a specific area of the plant, which contributes to
our mission of saving and sustaining lives by ensuring safe and
efficient operation of plant manufacturing equipment through hands
on maintenance and maintenance related initiatives.
Baxter's employees are united in a mission to save and sustain
lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to
meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on
our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on
increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of
unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our
mission to life for patients every day.
What you'll be doing:
- Perform maintenance and PMs on HVAC equipment to include DX
units, air handlers, chillers, towers, fans, pumps and
- Build, install and troubleshoot basic control circuits for
- Operate and maintain 3-phase motors and in-plant power
- Troubleshoot and maintain refrigerant circuits, chilled water
and steam delivery systems.
- Troubleshoot control circuits: motor control circuits, plc
- Troubleshoot peripheral input/output devices to include
Thermocouples, RTDs, Control Valves
- Configure and Troubleshoot VFDs
- Pipe fitting and welding.
- Must have knowledge of both plant and departmental
environmental health and safety regulations and comply with said
- Other duties as assigned.
What you'll bring:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 3 years or more of General Maintenance experience
- HVAC/Refrigeration experience is required.
- Freon Certification or (Must obtain certification within 6
- Experience pipefitting and welding
- Ability to perform industrial maintenance.
- Lift up to 50 lbs, push/pull up to 100 lbs, lift 30 lbs above
- Ability to bend/stoop, climb ladders, reach above the
- Meet confined space entry requirements.
- Work in unfavorable conditions (hot/cold temperatures)
- Ability to work at heights.
- Basic Electrical Skills
- Ability to use electrical test equipment: voltmeter, ammeter,
- Ability to size fuses, circuit breakers, overloads,
transformers and wiring.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics and the
national electric code.
- Ability to install and troubleshoot motor control circuits,
relay logic and PLCs.
- Ability to maintain and troubleshoot air conditioning and
- Visual acuity requirements as documented in CL-01-01-037
(Baxter Cleveland Visual Acuity Procedure)
- Audiometric testing and hearing protection are required.
We understand compensation is an important factor as you consider
the next step in your career. At Baxter, we are committed to
equitable pay for all our employees, and we strive to be more
transparent with our pay practices. To that end, this position has
a salary range of $33,000 to $76,000. The above range represents
the expected salary range for this position. The actual salary may
vary based upon several factors including, but not limited to,
relevant skills/experience, time in the role, business line, and
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify
that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to
reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions
or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance
with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender,
national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or
any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable
accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If,
because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable
accommodation for any part of the application or interview process,
please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your
request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where
fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other
agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal
personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect
yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice .
Keywords: BAXTER, Pine Bluff , HVAC Maintenance Mechanic (C Shift), Professions , Shelby, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!